In March 217, IPEKA Integrated Christian School (IICS) Jakarta returned for their annual study program in Sydney hosted and supervised by Excelzia. The group had 12 Y8 students and 1 teacher/chaperone, and they were accompanied by 2 Excelzia staff members during their 9-day stay.
This year, IICS have returned to Sydney’s Covenant Christian School for an Immersion Program where they attended classes and lessons with their Australian school buddies and got to experience school life in a new country.
During their stay in Australia, the group attended several experiential learning programs arranged by Excelzia. It wasn’t all work and Excelzia ensured there was plenty of fun and adventure packed into every program (guaranteed no boring bits!):
- Beach & Surf Safety Program at famous Manly beach learning to safely enjoy the beach with activities of surfing and swimming in the open ocean
- Science and Astrology Program at the Sydney Observatory learning about the universe, astronomy and space exploration and getting “hands-on” using the Observatory’s real telescopes
- Cultural Program at the Blue Mountains Aboriginal cultural centre where they were treated to a live performance by Aboriginal performers showcasing their unique relationship with the land
- Environmental Program at Scenic World and experiencing the magnificent Blue Mountains and riding the scenic railway, and scenic cableway, walking along the forest floor and getting to experience the beauty of this region
- Wildlife Zoological Education Program at Taronga Zoo learning and getting “hands-on” with Australian animals
- Tackling the challenging Wild Ropes Experience high above Taronga Zoo (once again proving how teamwork saves the day)
- Enjoying a culinary journey through Sydney’s diverse food culture and enjoying the quality of Australian produce
- Life Lessons (as specifically requested by IICS) including using Public Transport, living in an Apartment Hotel (do your own housekeeping), learning to cook the best youtube to mp3 converter
This was an action packed, and very exciting week, and Excelzia ensured students got to see and experience life in Sydney like a local. Excelzia would like to thank IICS for once again trusting us with your “precious cargo” and congratulate IICS on the behaviour and enthusiasm of the wonderful students they sent.
We look forward to seeing IICS again in 2018!
For more information regarding this, or any enquiries about Excelzia’s programs, please contact us at [email protected].