Self Development Program 1 – Leadership
A five-day course designed to develop the fundamental competencies of Creativity, Resilience, Conceptual Thinking, Decisiveness, Problem-Solving, Influencing Stakeholders and Strategic Thinking.
This course aims to develop strategies to deliver successful interpersonal communications and build confidence in attendees. At the end of the course, students will be able to evaluate their own performance and development and to recognise gaps in their knowledge and also how to acquire new knowledge independently.
Ages 15 and over
Course Day Plan
Developing Specific Competencies in Creativity, Resilience, Conceptual Thinking & Interpretation and Philosophical Thinking.
- Personal change management
- Goal setting with focus on career objectives
- Identifying career options and planning
- Writing and sharing a personal narrative on:
- How should I live?
- What sort of person do I wish to become?
- What will be my legacy?
Developing Specific Competencies in Decisiveness, Problem-Solving, Influencing Stakeholders and Strategic Thinking.
- Situational leadership exercise
- Presenting a personal position to your team – developing arguments
- Dealing with change and prioritisation process
- Learning leadership
- Giving presentations
- Student presentation demonstrating the skills acquired over 4 days
- Tour of Facility Afternoon Tea – students meet and greet local students and facility staff and lecturers