Self Development Program 2 – Collaborating with Others & Intercultural Awareness
A five-day course designed to develop the fundamental competencies of Analytical and Critical Thinking, Written and Verbal Communication, Ethics, Intercultural, Social Justice and Global Citizenship.
This course aims to develop strategies to deliver successful interpersonal communications and build confidence in attendees. At the end of the course, students will be able to evaluate their own performance and development and to recognise gaps in their knowledge and also how to acquire new knowledge independently.
Ages 15 and over
Course Day Plan
Developing Specific Competencies in Diversity, Intercultural Communication, Ethical Thinking, Commitment and Moral Investment
- Building and maintaining relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Learn how to manage issues from a different cultural perspective and background
- Develop confidence in interacting with native English speakers from different cultural backgrounds
Collaborating with Others
Developing Specific Competencies in Conflict Management, Teaming, Argument Development, Flexibility and Trusting Others.
- Group problem solving
- Team exercise
- Develop and participate in a debate
- Voice and presence
- Student presentation demonstrating the skills acquired over 4 days
- Tour of Facility Afternoon Tea – students meet and greet local students and facility staff and lecturers